Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacay Nugget #1: Hail to the (Dairy) Queen

I had all these grande visions of posting daily blog entries while we were on our little week's vacay to Virginia Beach. But when it came down to it, the last thing I wanted to do was crack open my laptop and stare at a computer screen. So instead, I present to you our vacation, in bite-size nuggets.

This summer my parents once again treated us to a getaway in Virginia Beach (thank you, thank you, thank you!), except this time we were able to stay the full week and get our fill of all that the area has to offer. We've stayed at the same condo complex for the past three years, and the feature that is my personal favorite is the fact that it's only two blocks away from a Dairy Queen. For weeks leading up to our trip, I had drool-worthy dreams of Blizzards, Mr. Misty Floats (now called something else, but still equally as delicious) and Peanut Buster Parfaits. Where we live in Maryland, DQs are hard to come by, so I have about seven years of lost time to make up for, which means I ate ice cream every single night while we were in Virginia Beach. And you know who reaped the rewards? Little Miss Belle herself. Ice cream quickly became the theme of the week, and with Daddy Warbucks Amero supporting the cause, Maribelle got her fill, and then some.













1 comment:

Lena said...

Love the shot of her about to lick the cone, hair blowing in the wind, enjoying the prefect summer treat. such a cutie!