This is Maribelle telling you how old she is ... one of her newest tricks!
As if Maribelle hadn't been poked and prodded by enough doctor's these past few weeks, she had her 1-year checkup with her pediatrician and cardiologist this week. Both appointments went really well, other than the fact that her ears STILL aren't clearing up. Our pedi is giving her another week on Augmentin to see if the fluid goes away in her ears, and if not, it means we have to try yet another, stronger antibiotic. I really, really don't want that to happen, so I've got my fingers, toes and anything else that can cross crossed! Her cardiology appointment was what I was most anxious about, and after an EKG (which she HATED), the doctor confirmed that the small hole in her heart has closed! We don't have to go back for another two years, which was awesome news.
The one thing that I really wanted to discuss with our pedi is the fact that Belle still isn't crawling, although she's cruising everywhere. She wasn't too alarmed and is giving our Little Miss two more months to see if she'll start walking on her own. I feel like we're always waiting when it comes to Maribelle's mobility ... it took her quite a while to get the hang of rolling, we're still waiting for her to crawl, and it seems like she's been cruising for MONTHS and still not quite getting the confidence to let go and take unassisted steps. Our daycare provider calls her Miss Safety because she clings on to everything for dear life and absolutely will not let go or stand on her own.
Here's what she's up to right now as a 1-year-old:
Weight: 19 lbs, 25th percentile
Height: 30 inches, 75th percentile
Head: 44 3/4 cm/ 18ish inches, 50th percentile
* She has seven teeth, and I'm pretty sure at least one more is working on making it's debut.
* She wears size 9-12 month clothing. In fact, 12 month clothing is still pretty big on her, but 9 month clothing is too short for our little beanpole.
* She loves to sing, play with books, rearrange our pantry and Tupperware, sort through Jeremy's record collection, chase Olivia, play tea party and just plain old make a mess. She's at the stage where she likes to take everything in and out of a container/cupboard/toybox, but of course she's much more interested in taking things OUT than putting things IN. She also really enjoys playing with shape sorters, but gets frustrated when the triangle just won't fit into the circle-shaped opening.
* She yammers like an old lady and says quite a few little words. This week she started telling us how an owl goes and how a puppy goes, and we're currently working on how a birdie goes ... very important facts to know as a toddler!
* We've been slowly transitioning her to milk, and she really seems to like it so far. She's still an awesome eater and claims mandarin oranges, yogurt, scrambled eggs, broccoli and any form of pasta as her favorite foods.
And, just a little fun fact to add, in ONE year of loving and raising our Little ButterBean we've taken (get ready for this .... ) a whopping 2,739 photos! And that doesn't include the countless video files that are also sucking up all our hard drive space. Needless to say we've been doing a bit of media asset management to make room for another year of adorable photos of our Little Bean.