Saturday, February 6, 2010

SnOMG 2010

It's a record breaker! This little old blizzard will go down in the record books as Maryland's biggest snow ever, and the city that we live in recorded the highest totals in the area. As of 8 a.m. this morning we already had 30 inches, and it snowed the entire day, so we totaled well over 30 inches by far (the report is that our city got 38 inches!). I kid you not, we even had thunder snow last night. Yes, thunder snow! There were huge flashes of lightning followed by loud claps of thunder, all while it was snowing. It was a true blizzard, folks. I was so excited I could barely sleep all night almost as if it was Christmas Eve!

Here's what we awoke to:

 
We couldn't even open our front door!

  
So I decided to take photos out our front windows.

 
 A view of our front door and porch ... totally snowed in.

 
Yes, those are cars under all that snow ...

  
 and houses, too!


 These are the crazies who are in complete denial about the fact that we're not going anywhere for days.
 
  
If we have work on Monday, I'm totally sending this to my boss as evidence as to why I can't go.

Our 30-inch tall Maribelle vs. SnOMG 2010


And here's how I've been keeping myself busy the past few days .....

 

I made a felt hairclip for the Little Miss that was so, so easy to make and looks really cute on her little noggin. The felt arrived just in time on Friday, and it took me less than an hour to whip up. Since her hair is still a bit on the fine side, I attached it to a hairband, and voila! Instant cuteness (as if she needs any help).


  

And although I'm not typically a wreath person, I made a Valentine's Day wreath. Since most of our decor isn't very "romantic," I thought I'd make something that is a little more on the softer side in celebration of Vday. And I think it came out rather cute.

Last but not least, I have carrot spice muffins baking in the oven, in preparation for Jeremy's return home tomorrow (fingers crossed he can GET home). Now if only housework was as fun as making hair clips and baking muffins ... 

1 comment:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love your hair clip. I'm finishing something similar for one of my daughters right now! Girls are so much fun! ;)
Rebecca of the R&W Gals