Saturday, December 13, 2008

Take a Look, It's in a Book

Here's what's cookin' with Baby M in this 31st week:

(Jeremy was the art director for this photo!)

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (
try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

It's amazing how accurate some of these weekly descriptions can be! Baby M is definitely moving alot these days and contributing to some restless nights. It's just too hard to sleep when your stomach is rolling and rippling all night long. Jeremy and I have been having fun playing games with Baby M at night, as we watch my stomach move in reaction to Jeremy's voice and/or tapping on my stomach.

However, during those sleepless nights I have plenty of books at my bedside to keep me entertained. Between school and preparing for Baby M, our house is littered with books, magazines and various other sources of information. Let's just say researching has become quite an addiction. Whether we're planning a vacation, making a major purchase or just going out to see a movie, I have my mom to thank for my obsession with researching EVERYTHING beforehand.


Last weekend, we took our one-day marathon childbirth class at the hospital where Baby M is scheduled to make his/her grande appearance. There were four other couples in the class, which lasted from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and was jam-packed with overwhelming yet very helpful information. Now I have even more handouts, fliers and pamphlets to keep me busy for the next two months!


No comments: