Friday, September 19, 2008

Body Moving

In this 18th week, I've come to notice that my appetite is officially back ... and it's back with a vengeance and a hankering for potluck dinners and picnics. You see, for the past week or two, I haven't been able to stop dreaming of casseroles.

Yes, casseroles. The saucy, melty, steamy and sometimes-crunchy amalgamation of sheer heaven and culinary delight. If it's loaded with carbs, has some sort of creamy accompaniment and can be baked in a casserole dish, then I'm sold. I've especially been craving some of my childhood favorites, like cheesy potato casserole, homemade baked macaroni and cheese (in a casserole dish, of course), tuna fish casserole with crushed potato chips on top, lasagna (especially Jeremy's butternut squash lasagna), and green bean casserole. And to think ... there are LOADS of casseroles out there that I haven't even tried. If this craving keeps up, I just might try them all before these next few months are over.

However, while I like casseroles, Baby M is proving to be a big fan of juice. Such a fan that it feels like Baby M thanks me with a display of somersaults and flips after I drink my morning glass of juice. (Or maybe the baby is telling me that it doesn't like juice ...) By the time I'm halfway into my hour-long commute to work, I feel like there's a gymnastics competition going on in my lower stomach. It's an amazing feeling, and Jeremy's anxious for Baby M to bulk up a bit so that he can feel the movements for himself.

Speaking of bulk, here are some 18-week belly shots. Still nothing terribly noticeable, but it's definitely growing!


No comments: