Saturday, October 9, 2010

An open letter to October

Ohhh, October.

One of my most favorite months of the year. With your crisp air (ok, so it's 80 degrees here today, but whatever), fall festivals, pumpkins and gourds; your apples, colored leaves and pumpkin spice lattes; your mums, your football and your tribute to Christopher Columbus (can I get a woot, woot for long weekends!). You have so much to offer, yet I have so little time to give.

So October, this is my one request to you. Aside from the relaxation, spice flavored beverages and fall-themed extravaganzas that you have to offer as one of the most awesomesauce months of the year, can you not ALSO be the bat-poo craziest time of the year when it comes to my academic and professional life?!? Because seriously, it happens every year. The internal struggles that I have over choosing to attend a fall festival with my loved ones or sitting on my couch by my lonesome (ha! that's a joke) reading 100 pages of Spenser's The Faerie Queene (shoot me now) is just too much to take every single weekend of your glorious 31 days.

So in exchange for a stress-free, easy breezy October 2011 (because really, it's too late to redeem yourself for 2010), I give you this adorable video of Maribelle singing the Barney theme and various nursery rhymes. If you don't find this droolworthy adorable, you really are the month of Satan.


Belle Sings Barney from Gina Moorhead on Vimeo.

No comments: