Weight: 14.11 oz (25th percentile)
Height: 26in (50-75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 42 inches (50th percentile)
* She's starting to show lots of interest in toys, especially those that make some sort of sound or music. Some of her favorites include her babydoll, her musical octopus, and any toy she can cram in her mouth.
* Coinciding with her interest in toys, she now reaches for things that she wants and likes. My favorite is when she grabs for my face and puts both hands on either side of my cheeks, like she's giving me a big face hug.
* She loves to stand and prefers being on her feet rather than on her bum!
* She finally rolled! Granted, she's only rolled from her belly to her back a total of four times, but at least we know she can do it. And I'm convinced she knows how to roll from her back to tummy, but she just has nooo interest in showing us, of course, cause it's fun keeping us in suspense!!
* We've been taking her to Music Together classes for the past couple weeks, and she loves it! We sing songs, dance around and play all kinds of musical instruments. Maribelle is the youngest baby in the class, but enjoys watching the other kids and adults run around the room and make lots of noise.
* She's in love with the dogs, especially Olivia. She loves to watch them, pet them and giggles when she touches their fur, or when they give her fingers a quick lick. And while Olivia seems to have a true maternal instinct toward Maribelle, Manny could really care less about her. In fact, he stays far, far away. That's a WHOLE other blog entry in itself, poor poopers.
* She's made great strides when it comes to the sleep department (but don't let me fool you, we still have a ways to go). She's finally starting to take naps in her crib, which is huge, and we're depending on the swing less and less for her naps. The other sleep development is that putting her to bed at night no longer takes three hours anymore. Finally! I used to have to pace and pace and pace around our family room for hours until she went to sleep, and then I would hold my breath as I put her down in her crib, only to have her wake up 10 minutes later. But thankfully, that has all changed. We've established a nice bedtime routine and now the whole process takes about a half hour from start to finish.